To become a member of Portsmouth VA City Employees Federal Credit Union, You must open a share saving account to receive benefits from our products and services.
To join the Credit Union, you must fall within our field of membership. If you are employed by any of the following groups, you are eligible for membership:
- Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Southeastern Public Service Authority of Virginia (SPSA) who work in or are paid from Chesapeake Virginia
- Sheriff’s Department of the City of Portsmouth
- Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program who work in Portsmouth or Suffolk Virginia
- Hampton Roads Regional Jail who work in Portsmouth Virginia
- Portsmouth General District Court
- Portsmouth Health Department
- And Employees of the Credit Union
Also eligible are the immediate family of members including:
- Sister or Brother
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment
- Anyone who lives in your household and maintains a single economic unit with you (for example, a roommate with whom you share the rent and utilities) is also eligible.
How do I join? Persons desiring to join the credit union should come to the credit union office to complete an application. Please note that all persons seeking to open new accounts will be required to produce valid identification. Once the application is approved and the minimum balance is met, the member is eligible for other services.
What does it cost to join? The credit union has an entry fee of $10.00. The member is required to maintain a balance of $50.00 in the share saving account to keep the account open. For Smart Savers Account they are required to maintain a balance of $5.00.